Pages

September 4, 2010

THE perfect black boots

I am terribly picky when it comes to black boots. Brown/cognac ones mostly always appeal to me. I think it's just that brown toned leather always seem to look better quality wise (I tend to shudder at pleather). Black leather on the other hand (especially when it comes to shoes/boots) can come off a little 'cheap' and pleather like, at least to me. That being said, I NEED black boots - flat ones that are both casual yet still chic and that can be worn right through the rainy winters.I feel a small sense of dread when I my boots from the season pasts die and I must begin the hunt once more. Last year I found the perfect pair (for my price point anyways) at Zara and I knew I should have picked up 2 pairs as although beautiful, I knew they wouldn't hold up more than one year. And truth be told, after being worn constantly for several months, they gave way last March.

Now I've been scouring online sites for the past month trying to find the perfect pair once again without luck. I know however, it's because I am comparing each and every boot I find to my holy grail of fall footwear - the Loeffler Randall Matilde boot. Sigh...aren't they perfect? I would snap this pair up (multiple pairs actually since they come in a range of gorgeous colours) if it wasn't for their price tag of almost $700. gulp.  I've tried to rationalize their expense by telling myself than on a per wear basis, they are actually cheaper than a few other clothing items I own, but somehow, I still have surrendered my earnings over.
I've searched for similar pairs but haven't found anything that quite measures up to their quality and simplicity. But the search will continue (or I will surrender) and I'll let you all know the outcome...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment